The restrictions and information shown on TraffWeb are based upon confirmed Traffic Orders. This information is regularly updated, but some temporary, experimental or other orders may not be shown. Any new restrictions, or notices of new restrictions displayed on-street, may supersede the information shown here. TraffWeb shows a representation of the legal orders, but it is the order documents themselves that provide the legal basis by which regulatory measures on the highway are enforced.
Essex Parking Partnership
The service is a partnership between Essex County Council and 12 Borough/City/District Councils and is run in two areas:
- the North Essex Parking Partnership (NEPP led by Colchester City Council).
- the South Essex Parking Partnership (SEPP led by Chelmsford City Council).
Each Partnership is responsible for:
- its area's on-street Civil Enforcement Officers ("traffic wardens")
- the enforcement process, together with challenges to, and payments of, parking penalties ("parking fines")
- the administration of the parking restrictions ("yellow lines") and the management and maintenance of permit schemes